Friday, April 23, 2010

One Small Change: Every Day Is Earth Day

I have been writing this in my head for a couple days and I intended to post it on Earth Day - but it's okay that I'm a bit late, actually its quite well suited for the title.

It's been a while since I've made an appearance here and there's a couple reasons for that: its been an incredibly busy month for our family and, at the same time, the biggest issue that I've had on my mind is one that I haven't known how to approach in writing - my daughter's health.

I have decided not to go into detail about that here, for her privacy, but know that she is okay. It's just that for the first time since becoming parents we are finally understanding just how seriously our children's health is in our hands.

So what does all this have to do with One Small Change? Well, I believe (know) there is a very direct correlation between nature and health and its about time that I do a better job of helping my family's lifestyle reflect that in everything we do.

Plus, our family has felt good about the small changes that we've made recently and we don't want to end our progress with the conclusion of One Small Change this month.

So...drum roll please...we just launched a new family blog called Family Goes Green where we will document our journey of progress in nuturing both the health of our family and this fine planet we call home. Please join us when you can - we will appreciate all the support we can get.

I am filled with hope and this beautiful spring is providing plenty of inspiration...



(I took both of these pictures with my phone - not bad, huh?!)

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are doing this. I think you might really like this blog written my dear, dear old friend "Marlee."

    http://www.runningfrommartha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete