Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Cocktail Garden

For my 35th birthday last year my friend Laura gave me one of the coolest gifts ever - a cocktail garden. The beautiful pot was bursting with mint, basil and lemongrass with colorful swizzle sticks stuck among the plants. The gift also included a small hand-made book of cocktail recipes, each calling for one of the herbs. What a fun and thoughtful gift! I really wish I had taken a picture.

I guess more important than a picture is that I really enjoyed the gift long after my birthday. It inspired me to use my herb garden in ways I hadn't thought of. This year I planted more of the herbs she gave me and I have been using them more than ever before. Especially the mint. This has been the summer of the mojito and my house! Even the kids are loving them (virgin, of course). Every time I have one I think of Laura and her awesome gift.

Thank you, dear, for sharing your creativity and generosity with me. Cheers to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment