Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Really Good, Very Bad Day

Yesterday I was having a bad day. I was way overly tired and a lot of things seemed to not be going my way. I was also feeling sad for a couple of my friends who are going through hard times. I cried a little and was just generally down.

But then...
My friend Laura invited me into her office and let me pour it all out.
My friend Jenn checked in on me twice.
My friend Wade made me laugh.
My friend Jill pretended I wasn’t acting crazy.
My kids snuggled with me on the couch.
My husband let me go to bed before the kids were even down.
My kitty joined me under the covers.

I went to sleep with a smile on my face feeling like one lucky girl. That I most definitely am.

1 comment:

  1. Jen,

    It's the little things that turn our frowns into smiles. Sometimes it is hard to remember to be grateful for them. I like the way you made a list and wrote it down. I'm going to try that.

    Janice

    ReplyDelete